Objectives and functions
The NACOF, being a Multi-State Cooperative Federation could establish branches or places of business anywhere in the country in accordance with Section 39 of the MSCS Act 2002. The commercial operations of the NACOF are undertaken on all India levels through its Head Office in New Delhi and Branches / Sub-Branches / Warehouses functioning in the State Capitals and other important cities / procuring centers.
Objectives and Functions
The objects of the NACOF shall be to organize, develop the cooperative societies engaged in procurement, processing, retailing, construction, mining related & akin activities: and to make them self-reliant by promoting their economic, social and culture interests by conducting its affairs in professional, democratic and autonomous manner through self help and mutual cooperation through its indulgence/interventions and active research in professionalizing procurement/processing/retailing/marketing and or trading of agricultural produce, aqua/horticultural, farm forest inputs & produce seafoods, dairy & dairy products, animal products; production/ procurement/marketing of grains seeds and animal feeds and will engage itself directly or through its member societies produce/trade farm inputs alongwith manufacturers/supply/distribution of agriculture machinery and implements and other agriculture related inputs/outputs their storage transportation and marketing; setting up chain of retail stores to cater the requirements of rural and urban community under one roof; and strive for better market prices to farmers/consumers through price support/market interventions by setting up/acquiring/ membership in commodity exchange, imports/exports agencies; offers quality assurance through setting up of the chain of test-labs; provide support to the Member Cooperative Societies through IT network all information related to their business including weather; weather related information to farmers; provide/undertake/develop access to mandis & market places by setting up transportation network and own transport and act as an agent for providing goods and services of all kind to farmers/consumers and to undertake such other activities which are conducive and incidental thereto.
In furtherance of above Objects. NACOF may undertake one or more of the following activities which are indicative but not limited to:-
- To undertake & make arrangements for procurement and distribution of agriculture, non-agriculture, horticultural & farm-forest produce, sea foods, dairy and animal products, minerals from the member societies, Govt. /Semi Govt. / and other organizations.
- To acquire, establish and run processing & manufacturing units for the production of processed & other consumer goods to facilitate the business of NACOF.
- To undertake sorting, grading, standardization, scientific treatment, packing, and process of agriculture produce & other articles.
- To make arrangements for the marketing of products of its member societies and farmers, manufacturers, etc.
- To carry on the business as producers of, and dealers in, foodstuff and food products of every description, whether for human, animal, milk, butter, cream, cheese, oil, fruits, vegetables, beverages, mineral, and aerated water.
- To enter into contracts and collaboration for purchases, production, manufacture, and marketing of raw materials, auxiliary products, packing materials, finished products, by-products, and other waste products and also enter into a joint marketing and exchange agreements with Cooperative Institutions, Public Sector Undertakings or any other agency in India and abroad
- To set up storage units for storing various commodities and goods, by itself or in collaboration with cooperative Institutions or any other agency in India or aboard.
- To arrange warehousing of agriculture produce/ commodities goods in own/leased/hired warehouses or/and to construct its own godowns & cold storage through renowned agencies or by its own construction unit.
- To maintain transport units of its own or in collaboration with any other organization in India or aboard for movement of goods by land, sea and air.
- To arrange to manufacture, store, maintain, sell, buy, repair, alter, exchange, let on hire, export, import, and deal in all kinds of articles and things which may be required for the purpose of any of the business of NACOF or are commonly supplied or dealt in by persons engaged in any such business or which may seem capable of being profitably dealt in connection with any of the business of NACOF.
- To take share/ participate/ to deal with trading of commodities on the Commodity Exchanges and their subsidiaries.
- To acquire, take on lease or hire land, buildings, fixtures and vehicles and to sell, give on lease or hire them for the business of NACOF.
- To subscribe to the shares of Cooperative and other Institutions.
- To undertake market research, dissemination of market intelligence, and such other activities as are incidental and conducive to the development of the Member Cooperatives as well as NACOF.
- To carry out publicity and propaganda in respect of Cooperative marketing & supply by publication literature, arrangements of a demonstration by organizing conferences of marketing processing and supply societies.
- To make arrangements for the marketing of farm-processed produce and consumer goods in its retail stores.
- Establish trade connections with manufacturers, their authorized distributors, and suppliers/dealers including Government Agencies and Cooperative Organizations and, to undertake the purchase, sale, and supply of agricultural and non-agricultural commodities and also all types of consumer goods through retail stores.
- To carry on agency business of every kind and description connected with the business of NACOF.
- To provide and arrange for the training of employees of the NACOF as well as Member Cooperative Societies to promote and improve the business of NACOF.
- To provide technical guidance and assistance to member societies and other agencies in grading, packing standardization, bulk buying, storing, display, pricing & other business techniques and also management methods.
- To enter into collaboration with Cooperatives or others in India or in foreign countries for machinery and equipment and technical know-how, consultancy, operations marketing of produce.
- To promote and organize Member Cooperative Societies in the field of procurement, processing, and marketing of agricultural and non-agricultural produce.
- To act as Agent of the Government, Public Sector Undertakings, Cooperatives/private sectors for the procurement of agricultural produce & distribution of agricultural inputs, agro-chemicals & other goods.
- To establish business relations with marketing, processing and industrial cooperatives.
- To act as insurance agent and undertake all such work which is incidental to the same.
- To maintain/construct/lease, Guest Houses, Community Centers, Roads, School and Hospital buildings for the effective functioning of NACOF, Rural community, Farmers member societies through renting/ leasing/ contracting/ own construction units.
- To undertake consultancy services.
- To take up such other activities which are incidental and conducive to the agriculture and rural development.
- To undertake such other activities as are conducive or incidental to the attainment of main objects of NACOF.
- Exports and Imports of agricultural commodities, horticultural products, seeds/saplings, fresh fruits and vegetables, Agro chemical and manufactured non-agricultural items, and any other items permitted under the policies and instructions of the Government of India.
- To undertake purchase, sale, and supply of manufactured and value-added items, drugs, medicines, pharmaceutical items, and other consumers goods in Wholesale and Retail.
- To engage/ appoint agencies/ agents, firms for development of business and procurement of orders.
- To undertake purchase, import, sale, and supply of coal and its by-products, fertilizers, pesticides, insecticides, etc.
- To arrange supply of various items required by Central/ State Governments, PSUs, Cooperative Organizations, and others.
- To act as C & F Agent of PSUs, Organizations and Companies.
- To promote horticulture, floriculture, ornamental plants and non-conventional agricultural crops, social forestry & herbal crops, and such other ancillary activities at its own or in association with Members/ Business Associates.
- Adoption, certification of agriculture crops and promotion of organic farming/good agricultures/Animal Husbandry practices by using biotechnology to mitigate the harmful effects of chemical inputs in the agriculture field by latest technological inputs and adopting new innovative cultivation methods for the production of safe and quality seeds, seedlings, and foods at its own or in collaboration with Members / Business Associates.
- To set up agriculture farms and institutes by acquiring land/property on its own or in a joint venture or taking on lease from Government and others for research in agriculture and providing education and training to Members, other Cooperatives, and Farmers.
- To introduce drip and line irrigation system, harvesting / storing of rain water for use in agriculture.
- To introduce drip and line irrigation systems, harvesting / storing of rainwater for use in agriculture.
- To help homeowners, farmers, businesses, and others to make a difference in the fight against climate change, To implement more sustainable solutions for electricity such as solar, Agri waste-based generation, windmill and hydro, water cleaning and waste management in rural and urban areas. To provide complete consultancy and turnkey solutions for all such implementations.
- To undertake marketing of Petrol, Diesel, Lubricants, LPG, CNG, etc. in Rural, Semi-Urban, and other areas.
- To undertake computerisation, digitalization & supply of office-use articles to Central/State Government Departments.
- To undertake disposal of Solid Waste Management, Scientific Dumpsite Land Reclamation through Bio-mining and Scientific Reject disposal/Mining of Legacy waste, etc.
- To supply LED Bulbs, Tube Lights, Solar Panels, Energy Efficiency Fans Procured from EESL.
- To supply plants and planting material to Horticulture Departments of the States and also to NHAI under Green Highway Mission.
- To enter into Skill Development Projects under various schemes of NDLM, PMKVY, MMKVY, and DDU-GKY of the Government of India.
- SFAC and NAFED have awarded the work for the formation and promotion of farmers’ producers organization under the Central Sector Scheme under Govt. of India.